If you haven't heard, Bloomington is a foodie's town. For being a relatively small town, we have some wonderful places to eat. Bloomington was ranked one of the Best Small Towns for Food in America by USA Today and Midwest Living Magazine says Bloomington is one of the "Top Five Food Towns in the Midwest!"
We wanted to give you some can't miss recommendations for local places to eat that are also within a mile or so of SummerHouse.
Top 10 Local Eateries near SummerHouse (in no particular order)
- Chapman's Restaurant - 4506 E Third St, Bloomington, IN 47401 - Weekend brunch, lunch, dinner - directly across the street from SummerHouse, Chapman's features fine dining. The weekend buffet-style brunch is one of the best in B'town and often has a custom pancake station and omelet station. *If you are staying at SummerHouse, you can get 15% off weekend brunch.
- Scenic View Restaurant - 4600 Indiana 446, Bloomington, IN 47401 - Weekend brunch, lunch, dinner - The name sort of gives it away. Scenic View is one of the few places to eat in Bloomington that overlooks Lake Monroe. Food & Drink is great; this is a can't miss place for just about anyone. You gotta try their famous Crab Cake Mac appetizer. In the warmer months there is often live music on their outdoor patio.
- Scholar's Inn Bakehouse East - 3002 E 3rd St, Bloomington, IN 47401 - breakfast, lunch, light dinner - Scholar's is definitely one of the more famous local restaurants in Bloomington. They're known for their breads, but food is also really good. Salads, sandwiches, bagels, and coffees are all top notch. * If you are staying at SummerHouse, stop in our office to get a 15% off coupon for Scholar's Inn Bakehouse East.
- Bucceto's Pizza - 115 South SR 46 Bypass, Suite B, Bloomington, IN 47408 - lunch & dinner - I grew up in the Chicago-area so I think I know good pizza. A good pizza (at least by my definition) is actually pretty hard to find in Bloomington. Bucceto's is always a solid choice and many of gourmet pizza's are quite good.
- Trailhead Pizzeria - 4403 Indiana 446, Bloomington, IN 47401 - lunch & dinner - Not very well known yet, even by those living in Bloomington, but Trailhead serves up some really delicious pizza.
- Asuka Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi - 318 S College Mall Rd, Bloomington, IN 47401 - lunch & dinner - Asuka was the first place I ever had Sushi, so it has a special place in my heart. The hibachi is tasty and the experience is fun & family friendly. If you like sushi rolls, you can't go wrong with the Godzilla, King or Summer Rolls.
- La Torre Mexican Restaurant - 1155 S College Mall Rd, Bloomington, IN 47401 - lunch & dinner - Hands down, my favorite Mexican restaurant in Bloomington. I'm a sucker for a good fajita dish and La Torre always delivers. Margaritas aren't too shabby either.
- DeAnagelos Italian Restaurant - 2620 E 3rd St, Bloomington, IN 47401 - lunch & dinner - technically DeAngelos isn't a local joint, but it is locally owned and definitely has a local feel. Calzones are always a good choice. I always get the calamari as an appetizer. Their bread basket is really good; just don't fill up before the entrees.
- Mama's Korean Restaurant - 2630 E 10th St, Bloomington, IN 47408 - lunch & dinner - I lived in Bloomington for nearly 10 years before finally trying Mama's. I immediately regretted all decisions I made in those first 10 years. Mama's is probably my favorite place for lunch in Bloomington; I alway get the spicy pork dish (not that spicy). They are also very well known for their Korean BBQ.
- Office Lounge - 3900 E 3rd St, Bloomington, IN 47401 - lunch, dinner, nightlife - A classic townie bar, Office Lounge might not be for everyone, but if you give it a shot you're likely to have a good time or at least a good story to tell.
Now, go eat! Please share your thoughts & we'd love for you to share other recommendations.